To Your Packaging/Branding, Add Virtue
![]() |
| Disclaimer: I do not own rights to this picture |
Early this year, around February, I registered to attend
Shawn Bolz prophetic conference in Florida. I had already arranged my work and
school schedule to align with this conference. I also booked my flight and
fortunately for me, it was highly discounted. The next thing was to book my
hotel for two nights. I was working with a budget. I wanted an affordable hotel
close to the conference venue. Finally, I was able to book a hotel online. I
had read the reviews and looked at the pictures online and from my analysis, it
was okay; Just good enough for my short trip. On Thursday evening I left for
Florida and arrived very late at 12 midnight as my flight was not a direct
flight. I took Uber and got to the
"hotel" and I was shocked at what I saw. From my point of view, that
place could not pass as a hotel. The cigarette stench greeted me from the door
(I totally hate the smell of cigarettes).
At this point, I was beginning to get disappointed, however,
I was hoping that just maybe, the hotel room will be a decent place to spend
the night. I checked in with the receptionist and headed for the elevator to
get to the third floor where my room was. I got to find out that the elevator
was broken, and I had to take the stairs. I took the stairs all the way to the
third floor and opened my room and met unexpected visitors in my room.
Cockroaches, bugs, ants all over the floor and the counter. In fact, the room
was a glorified dormitory. It was baaaad!!! I quickly closed the room and ran
downstairs to meet the receptionist to get her to explain to me how on earth,
someone would pay their hard-earned money and get such service. In fact, I had
to ask for a refund for the second night. I wasn't going to make the mistake of
staying for two nights. if it was possible, I would have looked for another hotel,
but it was too late at night, so I had to manage what I had.
The receptionist checked me into another room. Thankfully, I
did not meet any visitors in that room lol. By 7am, I had already showered and
was out of that hotel with my refund. I was able to get another hotel (I mean
very good hotel lol) for the second night. From the customer service of the new
hotel to the environment down to the room and even to the complimentary
breakfast, everything was excellent! They truly lived up to their name. My
experience in the second hotel was like a shock absorber or pacifier for my
first experience. I learned a lesson I will never forget in a hurry.
Always review your character and find out where you have
weaknesses, devise a growth plan with a deadline and work to improve yourself.
Be accountable to people who will help you grow. When you are making efforts to
develop yourself, packaging becomes an addition or an icing on the cake. People
will look out for you and like to be around you. So please don't just work on
your branding, work on yourself and improve your character.
Love N.



Quite an interesting experience. Thanks for caring to share.
ReplyDeletethanks so much for reading!
ReplyDelete