5 Things I will do differently in 2020 By God's Grace
Since I finished Nursing school in 2015, I started paying keen attention to the way my year goes. Not that I haven't been paying attention. I just became more aware of what the Lord is doing specifically in me in every year. Since 2017, I have seen a lot of growth in my life. You know how you think or you assume that you have made progress in your walk with the lord and then the Lord just exposes more and more area that needs to be worked on. 2018 was a very strategic year in my life. I was literally stretched to grow. Fast forward to 2019 and God even intensified his dealings with me. In summary, its been from one level of growth to another level of growth. I believe I will never graduate from this school of growth as long as I have breath in my lungs; I don't even intend to.
There are so many things I intend to do differently in 2020 but I will only focus on 5 things. This is because if I get these 5 things right, every other area of my life will align appropriately. Most of them are what I already started doing but needs to be reinforced. I don't want to set new goals based on the excitement of another new year. The new year is still a continuation of my walk with the Lord and so I am more passionate about finishing all that he has instructed me in the previous years than looking for new and fresh goals. You see, sometimes, setting new goals or getting new knowledge will not change your life. What will change your life is walking in what you already know. I hope that as you read this blog, you will also be inspired to make changes in these areas of your life.
1. Word Life, Prayer Life, and a strong culture of obedience: I have always loved the word of God. I grew up listening and reading Pa Hagin's materials and I am obsessed with knowing God through his word. Honestly, I love the word of God. However, recently the Lord has been drawing my attention to grow more in his word and obeying him promptly. The emphasis is not studying to find out scriptures that I will use to confront my challenges; but simply studying and eating the word to be filled with it in its abundance. Literally, to bank on the word. Just like you would store your money in the bank, my goal is to store God's word in my heart. So my approach is simple. No matter how busy my day may be, I have to meditate at least on one scripture or one verse through out the day. Its easy to walk in God's instruction and obey God when his word is your delight and it is stored in your heart. I also believe that there is no way you would be filled with the word and you are not fired up to pray. The entrance of God's revelation in your spirit moves you to pray so that you walk in the reality of the revelation you just received. I believe it is a natural progression that as my word life grows, my prayer life will also grow. For my prayer life, I intend to reinforce and strengthen what I am already doing. I have learned from the Holy Ghost and my mentor to make prayer a default setting. My Schedule can also be busy so I have learned to pray on the go. At every second, prayer must be going on in my spirit. David said something in Psalm 109:4, But for me, I am prayer! I have learned that I am praying spirit!
2. Faith: I am willing to stretch my faith in this new year to see God's word become a reality in my life. I want to live a life that witnesses God to my generation. I want them to see that God is real just by looking at my life. My approach here is also simple, study the word, hear the word, pray the word, read more materials on faith, apply it in my life and repeat the process until I can replicate the results again and again.
3.Health: This area is non negotiable. Without a healthy body, How can I fulfill purpose and do all that God wants me to do? My approach here is also simple: Drink more water(Drink not less than a 1000ml/day), cook and eat healthy meals, take necessary vitamins and supplements, Exercise more(90 mins a week).
4. Finance: By God's grace, I will be more strict with myself in sticking to budget. Every paycheck must be budgeted. I will be strict with my savings. On no account should I touch my savings, except if the Holy ghost instructs, lol! I will also research and understand investment opportunities and invest more. Save and give towards kingdom advancement.
5. Mental Development: There is no growth without mental transformation. Consequently, I have decided to study and read more books than I did in 2019. My goal is to read 15-20 books in 2020. I know you may think this is small but I also have academic books to read and exam to prepare for. It will literally take a lot of discipline to be able to read both academic books and non academic books.
I believe that if these 5 areas of my life grows, my vertical and horizontal relationship will improve. I will live a more purposeful and fulfilling life in 2020. If you are still working towards writing your goals for the new year, I want you to consider making goals towards improving every aspect of your life(spirit, soul and body).
And just to add to that, By God's grace, I will blog more and create more content! lol
I hope to see you all wining in 2020!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Your Friend,
Love N.
There are so many things I intend to do differently in 2020 but I will only focus on 5 things. This is because if I get these 5 things right, every other area of my life will align appropriately. Most of them are what I already started doing but needs to be reinforced. I don't want to set new goals based on the excitement of another new year. The new year is still a continuation of my walk with the Lord and so I am more passionate about finishing all that he has instructed me in the previous years than looking for new and fresh goals. You see, sometimes, setting new goals or getting new knowledge will not change your life. What will change your life is walking in what you already know. I hope that as you read this blog, you will also be inspired to make changes in these areas of your life.
1. Word Life, Prayer Life, and a strong culture of obedience: I have always loved the word of God. I grew up listening and reading Pa Hagin's materials and I am obsessed with knowing God through his word. Honestly, I love the word of God. However, recently the Lord has been drawing my attention to grow more in his word and obeying him promptly. The emphasis is not studying to find out scriptures that I will use to confront my challenges; but simply studying and eating the word to be filled with it in its abundance. Literally, to bank on the word. Just like you would store your money in the bank, my goal is to store God's word in my heart. So my approach is simple. No matter how busy my day may be, I have to meditate at least on one scripture or one verse through out the day. Its easy to walk in God's instruction and obey God when his word is your delight and it is stored in your heart. I also believe that there is no way you would be filled with the word and you are not fired up to pray. The entrance of God's revelation in your spirit moves you to pray so that you walk in the reality of the revelation you just received. I believe it is a natural progression that as my word life grows, my prayer life will also grow. For my prayer life, I intend to reinforce and strengthen what I am already doing. I have learned from the Holy Ghost and my mentor to make prayer a default setting. My Schedule can also be busy so I have learned to pray on the go. At every second, prayer must be going on in my spirit. David said something in Psalm 109:4, But for me, I am prayer! I have learned that I am praying spirit!
2. Faith: I am willing to stretch my faith in this new year to see God's word become a reality in my life. I want to live a life that witnesses God to my generation. I want them to see that God is real just by looking at my life. My approach here is also simple, study the word, hear the word, pray the word, read more materials on faith, apply it in my life and repeat the process until I can replicate the results again and again.
3.Health: This area is non negotiable. Without a healthy body, How can I fulfill purpose and do all that God wants me to do? My approach here is also simple: Drink more water(Drink not less than a 1000ml/day), cook and eat healthy meals, take necessary vitamins and supplements, Exercise more(90 mins a week).
4. Finance: By God's grace, I will be more strict with myself in sticking to budget. Every paycheck must be budgeted. I will be strict with my savings. On no account should I touch my savings, except if the Holy ghost instructs, lol! I will also research and understand investment opportunities and invest more. Save and give towards kingdom advancement.
5. Mental Development: There is no growth without mental transformation. Consequently, I have decided to study and read more books than I did in 2019. My goal is to read 15-20 books in 2020. I know you may think this is small but I also have academic books to read and exam to prepare for. It will literally take a lot of discipline to be able to read both academic books and non academic books.
I believe that if these 5 areas of my life grows, my vertical and horizontal relationship will improve. I will live a more purposeful and fulfilling life in 2020. If you are still working towards writing your goals for the new year, I want you to consider making goals towards improving every aspect of your life(spirit, soul and body).
And just to add to that, By God's grace, I will blog more and create more content! lol
I hope to see you all wining in 2020!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Your Friend,
Love N.


Comments
Post a Comment