The Things that Belongs to us--The Three-fold Blessing
There was a time in my life I thought being rich and wealthy was not synonymous with Christianity. In fact, I thought the preaching of prosperity was overemphasized. I thought being wealthy was a distraction to the christian life. I would pray and believe just about anything, but when it comes to financial prosperity, I have this tug of war in mind about being rich. So, I would pray to have just enough to meet my present needs. I was so convinced I have been blessed spiritually and physically but I wasn't "so sure" or rather convinced about financial prosperity. One thing I love about the word of God is that it transforms your thought pattern, it resets your mindset to God's way of thinking and living! As you encounter God's word it renews your mind and transforms your life.
As I encountered God's word, so many aspects of what I have wrongly believed was brought into light and I began to think the way God's word describes me. The lord made me to know that as believers we have three-fold blessing. This three-fold blessing includes spiritual, physical and financial/material blessing. Paul talks of our spiritual blessing in Ephesians 1:3. It says, "Blessed be the God of and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places"( ESV emphases mine). If you read down the chapter you will see the spiritual blessings we have in Christ. I was also convinced about my physical prosperity because 1 pet 2:24 and Isaiah 53:3-5 states clearly that Christ took my infirmities and sickness and gave me good health. I was so sure of the divine exchange that occurred at the cross and it became a reality to me that Christ took my sickness and gave me healing.
However, I started to see that financial prosperity was included in the whole package of salvation. How do I know that financial blessing was included in it? I will show you how, using five portions of the scripture.
1. 3 John 2 talks clearly about the three-fold blessing. It says: Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth (KJV, empasis mine). So we see that it is God's will to prosper physically, spiritually, and materially.
2. Galatians 3:7-9,13-14, 29: 7-9 Know then that it is those of faith who are the sons of Abraham. And the Scripture, foreseeing that God will justify the gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, "In you shall all the nations be blessed." So then, those who are of faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.
13-14: Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us--for it is written, "cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree"--So that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised spirit through faith.
29: And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise. (ESV, emphasis mine).
First, we see that those who are of faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith. what kind of people is the bible talking about? the Jews or the gentile? me and you? yes! those of faith are those who by faith, believes and accept what Christ accomplished on the cross. Gal 3:26 calls us the sons of God through faith. So we are blessed with Abraham! what are the blessings of Abraham? In Gen 17: 7, we see the lord establishing a covenant with Abraham and his offspring and remember that we are the offspring or seed of Abraham according to Gal 3:29. In Gen 24:34-35, we see Abraham's servant talking about the blessings of Abraham. The same blessings were transferred to Isaac, the son of Abraham and in Gen 26: 12-16, we see the manifestations of God's blessing to Abraham in the life of Isaac. Isaac was so wealthy that Abimelech, the king of the Philistines asked Isaac to go away because he has become mightier than them. The good news is that through Christ, by faith, we are the Isaac of today because the scriptures calls us the seed/offspring of Abraham and heirs according to promise! So, the things that were promised and given to Abraham belongs to us! Glory to God!
3. Deut 8:18- You shall remember the lord your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth, that he may confirm his covenant that he swore to your fathers, as it is this day (ESV). So in essence we have the power and the ability to make wealth. In fact, God has made us wealth creators!
4. Isaiah 48:17- Thus says the Lord, your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the Lord your God, who teaches you to profit, who leads you in the way you should go.
5. Prov 10: 22- The blessing of the Lord makes rich, and he adds no sorrow with it.
So in conclusion, we find out that it is God's will for us to have all round prosperity and he has made it available. It doesn't matter what you see presently or what you have presently. What we have does not change who we are and we know who we are! We are the wealthy and the rich in Christ Jesus! And Everyday of our lives, the anointing teacheth us to profit. All we need to do is to receive and appropriate all that belongs to us in Christ Jesus!
Glory to God!
As I encountered God's word, so many aspects of what I have wrongly believed was brought into light and I began to think the way God's word describes me. The lord made me to know that as believers we have three-fold blessing. This three-fold blessing includes spiritual, physical and financial/material blessing. Paul talks of our spiritual blessing in Ephesians 1:3. It says, "Blessed be the God of and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places"( ESV emphases mine). If you read down the chapter you will see the spiritual blessings we have in Christ. I was also convinced about my physical prosperity because 1 pet 2:24 and Isaiah 53:3-5 states clearly that Christ took my infirmities and sickness and gave me good health. I was so sure of the divine exchange that occurred at the cross and it became a reality to me that Christ took my sickness and gave me healing.
| It is God's will for us to prosper financially |
1. 3 John 2 talks clearly about the three-fold blessing. It says: Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth (KJV, empasis mine). So we see that it is God's will to prosper physically, spiritually, and materially.
2. Galatians 3:7-9,13-14, 29: 7-9 Know then that it is those of faith who are the sons of Abraham. And the Scripture, foreseeing that God will justify the gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, "In you shall all the nations be blessed." So then, those who are of faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.
13-14: Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us--for it is written, "cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree"--So that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised spirit through faith.
29: And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise. (ESV, emphasis mine).
First, we see that those who are of faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith. what kind of people is the bible talking about? the Jews or the gentile? me and you? yes! those of faith are those who by faith, believes and accept what Christ accomplished on the cross. Gal 3:26 calls us the sons of God through faith. So we are blessed with Abraham! what are the blessings of Abraham? In Gen 17: 7, we see the lord establishing a covenant with Abraham and his offspring and remember that we are the offspring or seed of Abraham according to Gal 3:29. In Gen 24:34-35, we see Abraham's servant talking about the blessings of Abraham. The same blessings were transferred to Isaac, the son of Abraham and in Gen 26: 12-16, we see the manifestations of God's blessing to Abraham in the life of Isaac. Isaac was so wealthy that Abimelech, the king of the Philistines asked Isaac to go away because he has become mightier than them. The good news is that through Christ, by faith, we are the Isaac of today because the scriptures calls us the seed/offspring of Abraham and heirs according to promise! So, the things that were promised and given to Abraham belongs to us! Glory to God!
3. Deut 8:18- You shall remember the lord your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth, that he may confirm his covenant that he swore to your fathers, as it is this day (ESV). So in essence we have the power and the ability to make wealth. In fact, God has made us wealth creators!
4. Isaiah 48:17- Thus says the Lord, your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the Lord your God, who teaches you to profit, who leads you in the way you should go.
5. Prov 10: 22- The blessing of the Lord makes rich, and he adds no sorrow with it.
So in conclusion, we find out that it is God's will for us to have all round prosperity and he has made it available. It doesn't matter what you see presently or what you have presently. What we have does not change who we are and we know who we are! We are the wealthy and the rich in Christ Jesus! And Everyday of our lives, the anointing teacheth us to profit. All we need to do is to receive and appropriate all that belongs to us in Christ Jesus!
Glory to God!


Comments
Post a Comment