I have all that I need!
Psalm 23:1
I grew up in a good christian background. I learned, memorized and recited most portions of the scripture including Psalm 23. Although I had a theoretical knowledge of Psalm 23, I never had a revelational knowledge of it. Like most Christians, I often read and recited these psalm for years without realizing the truth and revelations locked in these particular Chapter of Psalms! However, a time came in my life when I started worrying and panicking about how my school fees were to be paid. In the midst of my worries and fears, I turned to the scriptures and the holy spirit opened my eyes to Psalm 23:1.
God, my shepherd!
I don’t need a thing.(Msg)
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.(NIV)
The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need.(NLT)
From this Verse of the scripture, I discovered that God is not a stingy God. God does not run out of resources and he owns all things (Psalms 24:1). In 2 Pet 1:3, we are made to know that in Christ, God has divinely provided everything we need for this life! Which means that all things we need in this life, including my school fees, the clothes I will wear, the cars I will ride, the food I will eat has been provided!!! So the problem is not with God because God has provided! He is a generous giver! He will not withhold any good thing from us(Psalm 84:11). All things we need he gives! Forgiveness has been provided. Healing has been provided. Money has been provided! This is a great revelation that the psalmist caught hold of and he declared in Psalms 23:1 The Lord is my Shepherd; I have all that I need.
So why is that we don't enjoy God's provision? The problem is with our receiving. How did we receive God's free gift of salvation? By believing in our heart and confessing with our mouth the lordship of Jesus (Rom 10:9-10). The same way we received salvation is the same way we receive all other things from God! Believe that God is your Shepherd and you have ALL that you need. Begin to confess with your mouth what you believe and give God glory for what you have received! Let what you believe in your heart align with what you confess with your mouth not what you see around you. So when you are presented with any kind of need in your life, begin to declare Psalm 23:1! When I realized these truth, I began to give God thanks for my school fees and since then I have been enjoying God's provision.
When the Lord is our shepherd, we do not worry about how and what we need to live this life. As our shepherd, He is our caretaker. He tends to our needs. He feeds us. He guards, guides, and protects us. The problem is when we begin to look up to man or our job as our shepherd! The Lord is our Shepherd. The chief care of the shepherd is to see that the sheep find plenty to eat and drink. So God has the responsibility of making sure I have plenty to eat and drink, not my job! All we have to do is to follow the shepherd and heed his voice! The rest belongs to Him. Praise God!
I grew up in a good christian background. I learned, memorized and recited most portions of the scripture including Psalm 23. Although I had a theoretical knowledge of Psalm 23, I never had a revelational knowledge of it. Like most Christians, I often read and recited these psalm for years without realizing the truth and revelations locked in these particular Chapter of Psalms! However, a time came in my life when I started worrying and panicking about how my school fees were to be paid. In the midst of my worries and fears, I turned to the scriptures and the holy spirit opened my eyes to Psalm 23:1.
God, my shepherd!
I don’t need a thing.(Msg)
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.(NIV)
The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need.(NLT)
From this Verse of the scripture, I discovered that God is not a stingy God. God does not run out of resources and he owns all things (Psalms 24:1). In 2 Pet 1:3, we are made to know that in Christ, God has divinely provided everything we need for this life! Which means that all things we need in this life, including my school fees, the clothes I will wear, the cars I will ride, the food I will eat has been provided!!! So the problem is not with God because God has provided! He is a generous giver! He will not withhold any good thing from us(Psalm 84:11). All things we need he gives! Forgiveness has been provided. Healing has been provided. Money has been provided! This is a great revelation that the psalmist caught hold of and he declared in Psalms 23:1 The Lord is my Shepherd; I have all that I need.
So why is that we don't enjoy God's provision? The problem is with our receiving. How did we receive God's free gift of salvation? By believing in our heart and confessing with our mouth the lordship of Jesus (Rom 10:9-10). The same way we received salvation is the same way we receive all other things from God! Believe that God is your Shepherd and you have ALL that you need. Begin to confess with your mouth what you believe and give God glory for what you have received! Let what you believe in your heart align with what you confess with your mouth not what you see around you. So when you are presented with any kind of need in your life, begin to declare Psalm 23:1! When I realized these truth, I began to give God thanks for my school fees and since then I have been enjoying God's provision.
When the Lord is our shepherd, we do not worry about how and what we need to live this life. As our shepherd, He is our caretaker. He tends to our needs. He feeds us. He guards, guides, and protects us. The problem is when we begin to look up to man or our job as our shepherd! The Lord is our Shepherd. The chief care of the shepherd is to see that the sheep find plenty to eat and drink. So God has the responsibility of making sure I have plenty to eat and drink, not my job! All we have to do is to follow the shepherd and heed his voice! The rest belongs to Him. Praise God!



Comments
Post a Comment