Taking control of your thought life

I destroy every proud obstacle that keeps me from knowing God. I capture my rebellious thoughts and I teach them to obey Christ (2 Cor 10:5).
          One of the strongest battle that I face daily as christian is the battle against myself, my thoughts, and feelings. Satan will always bring back shameful memories and impure thoughts to our mind, but I have discovered that we have only two options when he brings those thoughts. Its either I capture them, reject them, and align them with the word of God or I embrace them. How do we exercise self control in our thought life?  
      Our thought life is our first line of defense in the battle of self control. If I am able to control my thought life, I will also be able to control my actions. For thoughts give birth to actions. That is why the bible has instructed us to guard our heart with all diligence, for out of it flows the issues of life. Once devil suggest an impure thought, a bad thought, we should immediately denounce, reject and resist it and replace it with the word of God. We must constantly resist the devil in our thought life. we should take control of our thought life, and submit it to God as a living sacrifice. It is a daily battle, that is why apostle Paul says,"I die daily". 
      God's grace is always sufficient for us and his grace teaches us how to say no to every form of ungodliness.. and if we fail in our thought life, his grace makes provision for us to get up and keep up! If we fail, we should discover what lead to the failure, repent and learn the lessons..We should not stay down! We are victors and not victims because of the blood of Jesus. 
    This declaration may be helpful: Father, starting from today, I will purposely guard my heart. I will walk in your word and meditate on it. I will honor you in my thoughts, watching out for unguarded moments. I take control of my thought life, my mind, my heart and i offer them as a living sacrifice. I close all doors in my thought life that has been opened by/for demons by the blood of Jesus. I cling onto the covenant of the blood of Jesus that speaks better things upon my life. Devil has no place in my thought life. I capture all rebellious thoughts and I teach them to obey Christ. I declare that I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus and I walk in purity and holiness. I refuse to harbor bitterness, lust and sorrow in my heart, mind and thought. I am filled with the joy of the holy ghost and i rejoice greatly daily. For the joy of the Lord is my strength! 

     Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely...think about such things. Phil 4:8

Comments

Popular Posts